Now, more than ever, the world needs The Clash.
On International Clash Day (Wed Feb 7, 2018), KZSC joins radio stations all around the world in highlighting the band’s activism and musical magic.
KZSC has special programming all day for For International Clash Day (Wed Feb 7, 2018)
- Lani B will surpise a lot of listeners with how she’s marking the day on Wiki Wiki Wednesday, 6 to 9 am.
- Dr. T’s Vinylorium is packed with rare Clash live recordings, demos, dubs and more, 9 to noon.
- Artists on Art, at noon, will feature an interview with author and filmmaker Antonino D’Ambrosio, the director of Let Fury Have the Hour: Joe Strummer, Punk, and the Movement that Shook the World (2012). We’ll also check in with the folks making International Clash Day happen in Kent, Ohio.
- DJ Gata will re-constitute Suburban Relapse for a day, sharing her punk mixtape dedicated to The Clash, from 1 to 3 pm
- Instrument Journal will focus on the guitar for a day, celebrating the musical meeting of Joe Strummer, Mick Jones, and Paul Simonon and their post-Clash projects
- Art O’Sullivan‘s The Golden Road has Bob Weir doing a Clash cover, and the Grateful Dead’s take on “I Fought the Law,” plus Clash rarities, Big Audio Dynamite, and many more surprises!
“Living In The ’80s” airs Saturdays 4-6pm on KZSC, Santa Cruz. Here is The Clash Day playlist from Feb 3rd.
We also celebrate all of the world governments that have declared International Clash Day an official holiday: The City of Seattle, The State of Washington, The City of San Francisco, The City of Kent, Ohio (two years in a row!), The City of Vancouver, BC, The City of Austin, and many more on the way!
City of San Francisco Proclamation:
On Feb 8th, 1979 The Clash chose the City of San Francisco for their second show in the United States and returned to perform in San Francisco a total of eight different times throughout their career as a band.
Be it resolved that Edwin Lee, Mayor of the City and County of San Francisco in recognition of their artistic achievements and socially conscious music do hereby proclaim Feb. 7, 2017 as INTERNATIONAL CLASH DAY in San Francisco!