Now, more than ever, the world needs The Clash. On International Clash Day (Wed Feb 7, 2018), KZSC joins radio stations all around the world in highlighting the band’s activism and musical magic. KZSC has special programming all day on Wednesday February 7th.
- Lani B will surpise a lot of listeners with how she's marking the day on Wiki Wiki Wednesday, 6 to 9 am.
- Dr. T's Vinylorium is packed with rare Clash live recordings, demos, dubs and more, 9 to noon.
- Artists on Art, at noon, will feature an interview with author and filmmaker Antonino D'Ambrosio, the director of Let Fury Have the Hour: Joe Strummer, Punk, and the Movement that Shook the World (2012). We'll also check in with the folks making International Clash Day happen in Kent, Ohio.
- DJ Gata will re-constitute Suburban Relapse for a day, sharing her punk mixtape dedicated to The Clash, from 1 to 3 pm
- Instrument Journal will focus on the guitar for a day, celebrating the musical meeting of Joe Strummer, Mick Jones, and Paul Simonon and their post-Clash projects
- Art O'Sullivan's The Golden Road has Bob Weir doing a Clash cover, and the Grateful Dead's take on "I Fought the Law," plus Clash rarities, Big Audio Dynamite, and many more surprises!